permaculture - Seeding of rain by microbia (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Victor Guest <vic@daena.eepo.com.au>
  • To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>
  • Subject: Seeding of rain by microbia (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 11:31:40 WST

Hello everyone

Earlier this year, whilst in Zimbabwe, I heard of research being done that
was
pointing to microbia given off during transpiration from the trees and bush
being responsible for the formation (seeding) of rain drops in the sky. I
like
the sound of this. Sea salt (recognised as the usual seeding agent) in huge
quantities always sounded a little far fetched to me in a central Kalahari
rain
storm, although some would get that far. It was proven ages ago that dust
particles could not do the trick as their charge was the wrong way round for
water gathering. I would really appreciate any info anyone might have on this
matter.

Thank you

Dick Richardson
(Africa version)

  • Seeding of rain by microbia (fwd), Victor Guest, 12/16/1996