percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy and the movies and such

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy and the movies and such
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 04:28:54 +0000 (UTC)

Too funny. I never thought of Percy as a racist.
Quite the opposite I think. He was even objective in analyzing his own view of blacks.

How funny that each age reads things from its own perspectives.

We must get back to reading literature from the perspectives of the authors and their times and experiences instead of putting on authors the weight of the reigning orthodoxy.
Janet Cantor

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 10:43 PM, Beck, David A