percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Ten Best Southern Novels of All Time...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Jim Forest <jhforest AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Ten Best Southern Novels of All Time...
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:50:04 +0200

David, as another person at sea over contemporary American acronyms (ROFLMAO? Po-Mo moment?), I wonder if you could ship a crate of Geritol this way? (There's no such beverage in Dutch pharmacies -- you see how far behind the Dutch are when it comes to health care.)

Jim
(in Alkmaar, Holland, where not too many people read Walker Percy)

PS There are web resources to help the computer-speak illiterate. Take a look at Wiktionary.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Beck, David A <dabeck AT iupui.edu> wrote:
Thanks, Ken. I'll go drink my Geritol and go to bed.

-David

--
An archive of all list discussion is available at http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/percy-l/

Jim & Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5
1811 GJ Alkmaar
The Netherlands

intl code+31-72-515-4180

Jim & Nancy site: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/
In Communion site: www.incommunion.org
photos: www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/sets/

revised, expanded edition of "Living With Wisdom: a biography of Thomas Merton":
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/living-with-wisdom/
revised, expanded, all-color edition of "Praying With Icons":
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/praying-with-icons/
"The Road to Emmaus: Pilgrimage as a Way of Life":
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/the-road-to-emmaus-pilgrimage-as-a-way-of-life/
"Silent as a Stone," a children's book about a community of rescuers in Paris:
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/silent-as-a-stone-mother-maria-of-paris-and-the-trash-can-rescue/

blogs:

On Pilgrimage:
http://jimandnancyonpilgrimage.blogspot.com/