percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Believers...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: <Robert_Pauley AT oxy.com>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Believers...
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:25:39 -0800

Rhonda: I was drawn in to a running conversation about God with a group of men. The sort of conversation which, to quite Percy, "give me a neckache." This passage came to me, vaguely, but with a memory of pungent satisfaction. (Percy's ruminations on faith are always on the edges of my consciousness, I guess). I remembered how Percy managed to displease everybody and yet get at the old dilemma of faith in a fresh way. I, too, wanted to displease and provoke. I also thought it was a good opportunity to introduce Percy to a bunch of young people.
regards, R