ncmia - Re: [NCMIA] Home Movie Screenings Event Poster

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: "Kim Cumber" <kim.cumber AT ncmail.net>
  • To: "'Marsha Orgeron'" <marsha_orgeron AT ncsu.edu>
  • Cc: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org, 'Skip Elsheimer' <avgeeks AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [NCMIA] Home Movie Screenings Event Poster
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:37:21 -0400

Marsha,

I think it would be super great if NCSU Film Studies is a co-sponsor! And
yes - the runtime for all that stuff I have listed is a bit long (to say the
least)!

We'll probably not show the fire film and will only show one of the H. Lee
Waters films of Hillsboro. Maybe Devin would say a few words about Tar Heel
Family and his research when we show it?! Please? And we can definitely
show your home movie and then we can just play it by ear.

I don't know if Lisa Carter has some old Wolfpack football films?! I was
kind of hoping she might bring one or two of those if she can....and I hope
Skip will bring something cool he has.

I will send a re-vamped version of our event info to Kriston as soon as I
hear from Lisa and hopefully list all three of us as sponsors - NCSU Film
Studies, NCSU Special Collections research Center, and the State Archives,
and convey the idea that we have many films we can show but will be
flexible.

Kim Andersen Cumber
Non-Textual Materials Archivist
North Carolina State Archives
4614 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC  27699-4614

(919) 807-7311
kim.cumber AT ncmail.net

Opinions in this message might not represent the policies of this agency.
E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public
business,
is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to
third parties.