market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] happy new year! and long tape measure recommends?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] happy new year! and long tape measure recommends?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 18:23:33 -0500

On Jan 8, 2017, at 5:44 PM, Mike Rock wrote:

Hi all,
Happy New Year and may all your gardens be bountiful :)
Only got down to -10 last night so can't complain.

Looking for a Buddingh basket weeder

I don't have any parts for a basket weeder but glad to hear from the list -- and happy new year to all! May it be much better than the last.

And I do have a question. Can anyone recommend a long tape measure (200 or 300 feet) on which the foot markings won't fade if it's left out in the sun and weather a while? I plant a number of crops by hand using a long tape for distances, and the tape spends a lot of time spread out in the field; but I find it expensive and annoying to have to replace them because I can't read the markings any longer. I need to be able to keep reading feet as well as inches.