market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ginger

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ginger
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 12:05:23 -0500

Rivka,
Thanks for that tip.  I thought my potted ones had died off so they went into compost.  Should have had some faith!

On 10/23/2016 11:23 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:
F81CC6ED-4C1F-44AB-A78E-6B39B1523D71 AT frontiernet.net" type="cite">Also late germination, slow growth, small yields; and very poor germination. The last might be my fault, though; I think I'm still having problems judging how wet to keep the mix.

The plant that did best was actually one that had overwintered in a pot of potting soil in the house -- it had died back and appeared dead for several months, but came back to life in spring. So I'm trying doing more of that this year. I'm not too worried about ginger diseases this far north if the ginger wasn't diseased in the first place.

address and password):