market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farming in space with NASA..

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farming in space with NASA..
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 13:36:22 +0000

It is super interesting stuff!  "Outredgeous" lettuce was bred by Frank Morton of Wild Garden Seed, so I get a big kick out of thinking, hey, I know Frank Morton, so that makes me only a few degrees of separation from space station astronauts...

One of the biggest challenges of space farming on the space station is zero gravity -- they can't let soil particles be drifting all over the place, so they have to grow greens in those weird plant pillows.

Ken Bezilla

central VA