market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic planters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic planters
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:11:37 -0500

Rivka,
Thank you! That pretty much confirms what I have read. Having carefully placed all my cloves pointy end up I never saw the odd result. This fall I will plant several upside down and mark them to check. I just looked at a bunch of machines and various garlic sites, very good information out there but the planters all seem to just plunk the seed down randomly. The hand planted photos almost all show folks orienting the seed properly, so I guess that is the best way.

Thanks again.

No information on pricing from me, I'm looking for the same answer. A bumper first crop this year, a few thousand row feet, six inch spacing, single rows 42" apart. Horse machinery spacing.

---