market-farming - [Market-farming] Allium Leaf Miner -- remedies?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Allium Leaf Miner -- remedies?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:49:23 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Penn State reported that the Allium Leaf Miner, a new pest to the area, was found in the next county over.

I’m now hearing from other Allium growers that it’s moving East and they are finding it in their garlic and leeks.

Anyone have any experience with this pest and preferably organic ways of dealing with it?

I thought there would be more chatter before this, but the proverbial egg is hitting the fan now, right before garlic harvest.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm