market-farming - [Market-farming] Looking for advice on eating well during the growing season????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: andrea davis-cetina <andrea.m.davis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Looking for advice on eating well during the growing season????
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 20:56:38 -0700

So of course things are getting pretty busy at the farm and like every year I'm noticing I'm not eating too well.
I come home from the field and I'm starving cause I didn't take anything with me but coffee and water. Then I just grab whatever is ready to eat i.e. chips, ice cream, plain chocolate chips, stale pizza etc.
I know I need to plan ahead especially because I had to move my farm this year and my field is now a 40 minute drive from my house.

Any advice on how to eat healthy nutritious food during the crazy busy growing season when you work from sun up to sun down and you're too tried to do much cooking in the kitchen?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or sage wisdom,
Andrea

Quarter Acre Farm
Suisun Valley, CA - where they are calling for thunderstorms