market-farming - [Market-farming] anyone using a CSA app that they like?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathryn Kerby" <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] anyone using a CSA app that they like?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:39:19 -0700

We’ve got something of a cobbled-together ordering system for our farm products, handled through a combination of our website, two different email addresses, a distribution list and our listings on various websites such as Local Harvest.  It’s certainly not the most efficient system in the world, and it’s already starting to show some cracks as our ordering volumes creep up over time.

A friend of mine is a programming nut and wants to get into creating apps.  She asked me what sort of app she could make for the farm.  Hmmm.  Something to streamline this patchwork ordering system came to mind.  But then I got to wondering if perhaps someone had already invented this particular wheel.

Is anyone on the list already using a CSA ordering app that they like?  If so, what is it, what did it cost, and what are its strengths/weaknesses?  If such a thing truly doesn’t exist, or the apps out there really aren’t making the grade, let me know that too.  This might be an opportunity for a group of us to design something from the ground up that will work nicely.  If anyone has any suggestions, recommendations or referrals for existing apps, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks all!
Kathryn Kerby

Frogchorusfarm.com

Snohomish, WA