market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Voles in the Asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pure Prairie Farm <pureprairiefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Voles in the Asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:17:08 -0500

Put a mouse trap inside a small box (shoe box, etc).  They like the dark. Cut a hole
in the side of the box so they can go in.

Get your cat healthy!

Bill

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM, GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com> wrote:

Hi. Folks!

Don’t know if it’s because the snow cover has finally melted and/or my barn cat has been “off the job” after dental surgery, but we’ve got some serious vole runs in our asparagus field.

Any suggestions for getting their populations down?  Don’t want to do poison because of barn cat (who is an amazing hunter when she’s healthy) and 2 dogs (who also like to munch on voles), but am otherwise open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

75 Creamery Road