market-farming - [Market-farming] Voles in the Asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Voles in the Asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:45:00 -0400

Hi. Folks!

Don’t know if it’s because the snow cover has finally melted and/or my barn cat has been “off the job” after dental surgery, but we’ve got some serious vole runs in our asparagus field.

Any suggestions for getting their populations down?  Don’t want to do poison because of barn cat (who is an amazing hunter when she’s healthy) and 2 dogs (who also like to munch on voles), but am otherwise open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

75 Creamery Road