market-farming - [Market-farming] Hoop houses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carol Thomas <eglatyne AT tds.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hoop houses
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:31:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi all, regarding greenhouses and hoop houses, first buy the best you can
afford and you will get a lot of use out of it. also buy as big as you are
able. You will fill it up. Hoop houses: there are good plans for hoop houses
with Johnny's and Mother earth news and for hoop houses plastic framing is
almost as good as metal and much cheaper. If possible use rigid plastic on
the ends. A good GH kit comes from companies who specialize in GH's I have
three GHs and 3 hoop houses and I have my own plans for a hoop house, but
it's not the type to attach to a building. I have been selling out of my GHs
all winter. It keeps the wolf fromthe door. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar

  • [Market-farming] Hoop houses, Carol Thomas, 03/02/2015