market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ginger

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ginger
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 22:07:24 -0500

From Puna/Biker Dude, but they are sold out. And tonight is supposed to only get down to 2, the first night above zero in a LONGGGGGG time. The last week or two we have had mostly sunny days, and the angle of the sun is much stronger, so the hoophouse has been really pleasant from about 10 to 3. I appreciate that we have had solid snow cover to protect perennials. Mixed feelings about spring. I'd like spring, but am dreading mud season that comes between now and spring.

On 2/28/2015 9:02 PM, Carol Thomas wrote:
I unfortunately bought some organic ginger from Azur standard and the corms
were terrible, barely eatable and of course they didn't grow. Where are you
buying your ginger corms from? and Good to hear from all of you now that
winter is passing quickly away, in case you wondered I live in the NW and
winter has been quite short. What next is the question. Carol , Sweet Briar
Zone 8/ cool