market-farming - [Market-farming] Woodward Crossing Wunderbar Tool System

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "stonecirclefarm tds.net" <stonecirclefarm AT tds.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Woodward Crossing Wunderbar Tool System
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 12:08:01 -0600

Does anyone have experience with the Woodward Crossing suite of tools, especially the undercutter?  On the topic of undercutters, I'm curious about horsepower requirements and the difference in functionality and performance between simple undercutter bars (such as made by Woodward Crossing and others) compared to PTO driven undercutters.  Does the PTO driven type help with less than ideal soil conditions?  The Woodward Crossing site suggests that their tool works best in suitable, well-prepared, raised beds and they recommend digging a trench at the head of each bed to get started.  I have short bed lengths and am not interested in digging a whole series of trenches!

-John