market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heated Starter Houses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ehrlich <johnkaty AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heated Starter Houses
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:34:28 -0800

Being in Canada, we pay more for everything, because we love Canada and we
love to pay more for everything.

So I paid more for my True Leaf than a Californian would. For three rolls of
the TF tubing and manifolds and all the hardware for heating system, it was
about 1000 for about a 500 sq ft size bench to heat.

The Hotwater heater, will run you another 1000 depending on who installs it.

So about 2000.

A forced air furnace and fans is about half the cost, with about half the
efficiency.

So pay now and pay less later in heating costs.