market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cover crop -- not grain -- before garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cover crop -- not grain -- before garlic
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:45:19 -0500

Hi, Folks!

Thanks for all the input – I’ve been reading through the links provided.

Right now, I’m thinking either a brassica or soybeans.  I’m leaning toward soybeans because they should hold up better in the heat we get here in the summer and I don’t have many harlequins and don’t want any more.

Anyone do soybeans as a cover crop and like it?  Can I even get non-GMO soybeans for a quarter acre?

Thanks for the input!

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

Pottstown, PA