market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:43:12 -0500

I would be surprised if it would work.  Deer seem to pretty much attack any type of legume from alfalfa to vetch and black turtle beans to cowpeas.

I know deer do not like mints and spicebush but I have also see them nibble on both in a hard drought when desperate.

The two best deer deterrents are hunters and fence.  We use both.

If there is proof of this I'd love to hear it and why.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855