market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Guy Ashmore <guy AT thatguysfamilyfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:36:29 -0500

Hi Marlin,

This was our first year for planting garbanzo's. We planted two three hundred foot rows, not a border, we plant in three hundred foot rows generally. The deer ate (unfortunately) a lot of lettuce, both leaf and head lettuce on both sides.  This was our only experience with garbanzos on a larger scale for us. They were fun to grow but our experience this year they didn't stop our deer problem, row covers did.

Interested to find out more also.
Guy