market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Heaters?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Heaters?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:18:28 -0500

I was told by my greenhouse vendor that a 4200 square feet structure
would require a 500k BTU furnace. However, that can vary wildly. There
is a huge difference between trying to keep your greenhouse warm in
March and April. Moreover, this will also depend whether you will have
double inflated plastic covering.

I am myself installing a 150k BTU propane furnace in a greenhouse this
winter, and will be following this discussion closely. In my case, it's
a production greenhouse where I will transplant in early May. The
heating requirement would be completely different than trying to heat a
nursery in March.