market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:35:21 -0500

For what it's worth, though I haven't done a controlled study, I have much better results with mulch; and find that if I don't use it I'll find cloves frostheaved entirely out of the ground and needing to be replanted in the spring.

I don't generally plant 4" deep, however; more like 2" to 3". That might be the difference.