market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Marketarming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:00:38 -0500

Things work differently for different people in different places. Here in Georgia I have grown garlic for about 10 years and I always plant in early October and harvest in May. Usually up in two weeks. One year I didn't get it in until early December. Even that year it came up in the winter sun in about a month. I've never had it not over winter with greens up. I  have run about 1400 or so the last 3-4 years.
The best garlic seed I've purchased (when I haven't had enough of my own saved) has been from way northern zones.
Hoping for a  load of 1500 bigs this time,
Todd Lister