market-farming - [Market-farming] Pollination link on BBC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pollination link on BBC
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:23:57 -0500

Here is a link my bride sent me from school today (she teaches industrial welding).

Very interesting. I keep bees and declining population in my herd of bees has been bothering me for some years now. Notice that 'ecological' farming is doing okay.

Now that cooler fall weather is here my peppers are blossoming like crazy. We had a touch of frost the other night, just wilted the top leaves a bit, but the flowers are fine and setting fruit. Sprayed a few days ago with epsom salts to help.

Carrots are smaller this year, broccoli is great and still going. Cabbages are so so. After the blight scare and a few sparse weeks the tomatoes took off....like crazy!

Most respectfully,
Mike Rock

SW Wisconsin, where we can throw cheese across the border at the Shawnee flatlander!!

Z5

  • [Market-farming] Pollination link on BBC, Mike Rock, 09/28/2010