market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Zone/strip tillage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Zone/strip tillage
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:05:31 -0700

I tried it on 14 acres twice 30 years ago both times I got low to no yields and a lot of weeds. Almost all small seeded vegetables which must be 95% of what we grow like to be planted on a finely tilled seed bed. Despite what the sustainable guru's say... You cant hurt the dirt. Nothing is more satisfying and brings you closer to nature then tilling the soil...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ