market-farming - [Market-farming] Help with packaging for customers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Help with packaging for customers?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:51:08 -0400

Two items we need to find a way for customers to pack, to get them home
intact:
First is our heirloom tomatoes, that easily bruise. When we put more
than two in a bag, they bruise each other. I'd rather them get home
in better shape, but a standard produce box for each customer is
overkill.

Second, my daughter has begun making cornhusk dolls, with materials
from our farm. About 6-7" high, and 4" wide when holding a broom. A
box to put these in also helpful.

So, am seeking cheap or free sources for a box or container that can
hold a single row of tomatoes, or a farm-made doll (but not both
together!)

Other ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Richard Moyer