market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:33:02 -0400

I do $4/lb for all. Grocery store heirlooms are $4/lb and organic are $4/lb so my organic heirlooms probably should be higher, but I can't see pricing them higher than that. (Just a mental block with me.) That is at our good farmers markets.  We will sell some from a small stand at home this year and probably do $3/lb on the round reds after the first flush.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe