market-farming - [Market-farming] Plastic Bag alternatives

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Oakridge Farms <oakridgeberries AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Plastic Bag alternatives
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:41:47 -0500

We sell the majority of our produce at our farms stands and at farmers markets and do feel like we need to provide some sort of bag for our customers, but plastic bags drive me crazy.

Paper bags don't work for everything and we are looking for a source of biodegradable or some other alternative that is durable and not too expensive.  In the past we get "thank you" bags at Sam's Club for $15 per 1000.

Thanks in advance.
--
Jodi Leslie
Oakridge Farms