market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter (was Transplanting Leeks)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Casey & Teena" <cm62547 AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hatfield Transplanter (was Transplanting Leeks)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:15:07 -0500

I have never used the Hatfield transplanter but have seen them used, using two people it appears that you could use a small scoop to drop your compost or bone meal down the tube just a head of the transplant. Might take a little experimentation to figure how much, but you might even be able to drop a scoop of compost down the tube after droping the transplant, without causing any stress to the plant, this would help fill in around the plant.

----- Original Message ----- From: "stonecirclefarm tds.net" <stonecirclefarm AT tds.net>