market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] favorite edible podded peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] favorite edible podded peas
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:14:39 -0400

I plant sugar ann, and only use twine on both sides to hold up the plants. Not much, as I am too busy to do much when they need this. I know you asked about edible podded peas, but I would like to comment about Oregon Giant snow peas, I think these are the greatest. The bigger they are, the better. I give out samples, and they sell well. When they get really big, the peas are very large, and taste nutty.

Sue

Vermont

what's yours, and is there a good bush variety??  I've already got sugar snap, but i'd like something I don't have to trellis, running out of hands and time ; ))