market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cooler

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David R. Hibbeln" <dhibbeln AT earthlink.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cooler
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:05:17 -0400 (EDT)

Interesting product.

Site notes that NYSERDA ( New York State Energy Research and Development
Authority ) is doing testing and will have final report soon..

qoute: ' Their independent testing will be completed and available
(hopefully!) by June 2008 [Yeah... I really thought it would be done by then
-Ron!]. Okay... So I am updating this in March of 2009, and... you notice
that we still don't have a link to the study. It's because we're STILL
waiting! We've received two DRAFT reports from the study (June 2008 and Feb
2009) and both are quite lovely and educational. '

if so, it would be cheaper with this device and lots of blue styrofoam to
build a walk-in cooler then buy a used one (craig list had on locally for
$5,000). I've got a garage where I could use a corner, meaing I would have to
frame out only a two walls and a door. Costs would be styrofoam and
non-peramble wall cover like my friends have in milking parlors.

I'm interested because I'm looking at setting up a farmstand operation
year-round with local meat, sheep and poultry sales, milk and ice cream..

worth some research