market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] portable greenhouse heating question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] portable greenhouse heating question
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 00:25:28 EST

John we have used Mr Heater in one our hoops that we use just for holding and hardening and have had very good luck with it.  It has very low BTU  30,000 and 50,000 are the only settings.  When it is going to get below freezing I start it up in the evening and let it burn at the lowest setting all night.   It burns very little propane and usually keeps this building in the 60 degree range for the night.  I use the same heater in the lambing barn when it gets really cold to take the chill off the building for the new born lambs, it really helps.

Phil from snowy Iowa

Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your neighborhood today.