market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Lowering Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Lowering Prices
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:14:13 -0500

Hey ya’ll,

I am planning on offering bedding plants this year and wonder if any of you might offer some advice. How do you market (farm stand, farmers market), do you use cell packs, label, and etc. Do you wait for the last expected frost as the date to offer or do you push for an earlier date. How long do you typically sell seedlings (month)? Has anyone tried the seed pkt stands available from some seed companies? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Farmer Breck

Breck Carden

Carden’s Garden

Crestwood, KY 40014-7704