market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Glaser wheel hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dan <dan AT citygardenfarms.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Glaser wheel hoe
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:36:42 -0800

I bought a Glasser wheel how last year when I started my first CSA farm.  Grew on about half an acre.   I found it invaluable for keeping  established paths weed free with the stirrup attachment.  I also used the hiller/furrower attachment to weed/hill my onions and potatoes.  Great time saver for me.  Pricey tool, but worth it.  Someone mentioned wood handles.  Mine has lightweight aluminum handles.

Dan Bravin
POP Farming
Portland, OR

Danielle Conger wrote:
4984746F.2030805 AT gmail.com" type="cite">
Can anyone tell me if these are worth the high price tag? I do most of
my gardening by hand and have been wanting a good wheel hoe.

Thanks!

--
~~Danielle
Touch the Earth Farm