market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Christmas lights for seed starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul St. John" <stjohn36g AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Christmas lights for seed starting
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:37:58 -0800 (PST)

Regards to the list:

Since I must have been spaced out on Hydrocodone last year, I don't recall
posts about using Christmas lights for seed starting. Will someone please
fill me in on how to use them for starting seeds?

TIA

Marie in Missouri

Christmas lights for seed starting:basically what is done an insulated box
(all six sides) is constructed. The dimensions are to fit your tray system
plus 4 inches larger all around.the old fashion C7 bulbs are hung
around the bottom, these generate heat and light. well watered
trays for germination are stacked in this box.The lights stay on
all the time and you adjust temp but lifting the lid or you can
rig in your thermostat. You then pull trays as they germinate, the box
is for germination only,you grow on your normal way.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Christmas lights for seed starting, Paul St. John, 01/28/2009