market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] SEED Company reliability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] SEED Company reliability
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:24:11 -0500

When I wrote Jordan"s seed they told me they had both treated and untreated seed but that some varities were one or the other while most were available both ways.  The problem is that they don't list that on the website so I'm having to compile a list to send them in order to find out which seems odd to me but nobody is perfect and the prices made it seem worth checking out.  I haven't gotten a printed catalog yet so I don't know if they list it there.  I guess its no big deal but it seemed like it could be a red flag and thought it wise to at least get some information based references  I don't use treated seed either, the reason I was concerned, although I'm curious about the Natural II treatment I saw at Johnny's which is supposed to be organic as it would be nice to get a better start with early sweet corn but Johnny's is expensive, especially the Natural II stuff, and 2 or 3 times the price of Jordans in a lot of cases.  Has anybody actually tried this Natural II treament for Sweet corn?.  I've been using kelp meal, which helps stimulate its growth if the weather cooperates a little.  I guess I could cover them with plastic but that doesn't seem very environmentaly freindly.

I just got this place last summer and there is a ton of stuff that needs done, with only me to do it, with limited funds so I'm trying to avoid all the surprises I can, but life is an adventure and I guess it would be boring without a few bumps LOL.

Free Download for Outlook Users
Faster Outlook Search. Try this Free Download