market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm Land for Sale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm Land for Sale
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:36:11 -0700

I already own a nice farm that's paid for. But in the last couple of years I have been pricing farms in a 10 hour drive radius and was shocked at some of the prices for land. Most farms even the large one were priced between $15000-30000 an acre. I can not imagine any serious farmer would pay that much. And I doubt the sellers get what they ask for, but I feel sorry for the young folk just starting out in today's economic climate, it seems impossible for any of these farms to ever be financially sustainable... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.