market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Test

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Test
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:00:13 -0400

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:01:33 GMT, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:
> We haven't had any rain since the hurricane 2 weeks ago.Even then most of
> that moisture missed us. So, water, water, water. And, whatever it is that
> chews on the drip tape is doing it again, so I can't simply turn the water
> on. Oh no. I have to walk each and every line, making repairs every 10 feet
> or so.

I'm guessing the rabbits are chewing the tape because they need the water. If
you can't get rid of the rabbits, I wonder if creating some small water
troughs in your fields might solve this--it would give them an easier source,
and might cut down on the chewing. Last October, which was extremely dry here
in Massachusetts, I was losing lots of raspberries because the yellow jackets
were eating the tips out. I watered more, and got the leaves wet, and they
started drinking that, instead of raspberry juice.

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/