market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying Walnuts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying Walnuts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:36:16 -0400

sunnfarm AT netscape.com wrote:
A few weeks ago someone was looking for walnuts in bulk. I remembered that there is an annual black walnut sale in the Lancaster PA area every year about this time... I saw the add in the newspaper this week. There are 9 buying/hulling stations in the counry area and they were paying the remarkably low price of $10 per 100 pounds of hulled nuts.
Prices have gone up for us this year in southern KY.  They're advertising $12/100# for the FIRST time!

Bobbett, Casey County, KY