market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rewinding drip tape; Was Hoops for Agribon

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT voyager.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rewinding drip tape; Was Hoops for Agribon
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 05:58:44 -0400

We use garden hose reels to roll up the tapes and store them through winter. We have 3 we trash picked. Freecycle is another good place to get these. We used to roll them up around our arms which worked okay but this saves on storage space, expresses the water completely, keeps the tapes untangled, makes it about impossible for the mice to chew holes in the tapes and they are easy to roll out in the spring when it is time to set up the irrigation system. The best part is lots of people throw these things away so you can get them for free usually.