market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blackberry Problem
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:04:52 -0500

How did you give them peat and bone meal. Were both in a powder form? How and how much were they applied?

Thanks

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b

On 5/29/2008 6:40:10 PM, Joyce Paski (elderberrywine4u AT yahoo.com) wrote:
TxBeeFarmer <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com> wrote: I have three kinds of
thornless blackberries. They grow great and look
great, but no berries, or at least very few. They bloom in great numbers,

but after the blooms, what look like immature berries, just dry up and
never
mature. What could be happening?

I had raspberries that did the same thing. It turned out I was giving them
too much fertilizer (nitrogen). I gave them some peat and bone meal early
the following spring and never had another problem.

Joyce Paski
Swamp Creek Farm, Zone 3