market-farming - [Market-farming] new to the list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <jjburroughs AT msn.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] new to the list
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:59:41 -0800

Hello, the instructions said to send out a post introducing ourselves...

I'm Jaime Burroughs and my husband, Joe, and I have an almond ranch in California. I'm an avid gardener and support of sustainable agriculture, and thereby seriously considering starting a CSA garden. I just need to ante up the courage to jump in! :)

My inlaws are ranchers from the Central Valley trying various things: organic dairying for instance, selling Cow-shares on another dairy, organic almonds, farm fresh organic eggs and so on (those are all different people)...and my husband and I are trying to find our niche.

More on us:  We have three children, all under the age of 4. I teach English at a nearby High School and my husband works for an agricultural fertilizer and chemical company as the equipment guy. (Mostly delivers and repairs lots of equipments - spray rigs, pumps, etc).  I'm thrilled to have found this list to mostly "listen" in on and inspire me.

Happy Talking!

Jaime

  • [Market-farming] new to the list, jjburroughs, 02/28/2008