market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:19:48 -0500

Y'all will probly laugh, but I used cattle panels cut to size last year on used school table frames that had the tops removed. That worked but the mesh was a bit big for the partial plug flats I use, so this year I'm going with the goat mesh, which is about a 4" mesh size I think. I'm gonna figure a way to put an ebb and flow on top with the heavy pool rubber fabric, hopefully.

Seedlings are coming up, still got them in the house with this 20 degree snowy weather we've got hanging on, though that should change this weekend. I lost one beehive to starvation because of the cold but the others seem to be doing just fine.

Crossing fingers,
Bill Huhman
Central Ohio