market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:08:31 -0500

Hardware cloth, at least what I've seen at Lowes, is too flexible to work well as a table top. I guess it's also over kill, as well. 14guage wire usually buckles after a while and trays snag on it, distorting it even more. I'm heading out right now to look at the plaster stuff. My current tables are made of 'expanded metal' or something like that. Its about 50% openings with the openings in diamond shapes. It's VERY NICE to work with on a table top but I got it through salvage a few years ago.

Thanks -Allan in WV