market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter Greenhouse varieties for Indiana?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT voyager.net>
  • To: Farming Market <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter Greenhouse varieties for Indiana?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:47:05 -0500

We put a hoop house over a bed of leeks last fall and they have done incredibly well in the hoop house. We started them with the other leeks and because they are a late variety-King Sieg they were not full size until Oct/Nov.

We also do spring mix, mizuna, spinach, tat soi, kale (which did not do well for us this year but has done well in the past), arugula (which did well with just a row cover and no hoop house until Late Jan when the ice storms finally damaged it too much. The stuff in the hoop house went longer)

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH