market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] corn gluten

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] corn gluten
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:16:21 -0600

The organic standard specifically disallows GMO products to be labeled
as organic, so you cannot have organic GMO corn - at this time. With
large bio-tech companies and their major influence in USDA, that is, of
course, subject to change. The last time they tried it, the public
outcry was immense.

Alison Wiediger, AU Naturel Farm