market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA Share Structure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David Booth <arcadiabrookfarm AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA Share Structure
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:23:27 -0500

I am sorry if the subject line is a little vague.  What we are hoping to do for our CSA shareholders next season is to structure the shares so that instead of us dictating one head lettuce, three beets, two turnips, etc.  shareholders might choose a specific number of units. depending on their share size.  Thus they might choose two units of lettuce, one unit of beets, and no turnips for example.  Or all beets if they want to make pickled beets.  From a shareholders perspective, I think this could significantly increase satisfaction.  I can also imagine the challenges on our end.  I am wondering if any of you use a similar system and what you have found to be the greatest benefits and challenges.  Would you recommend it?  Thank you and happy happy holidays to all.

David Booth & Norma Hernandez
Arcadia Brook Farm
North Ferrisburg, Vermont

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!