market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] raspberry volunteers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] raspberry volunteers
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:05:06 -0400

Thats what I did to mine, if you leave a last years cane it will try to flower and fruit while you need to get canes going for next year.

MAsteveINE

We just transplanted some of our raspberry volunteers into new beds. Most
were good size 1/2 inch by four feet long canes. Would it be best for me to
prune these down to a foot or two in order to help focus energy to root
growth?
--Gary