market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomato problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "herbthyme AT simcon.net" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomato problem
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:12:17 -0400

Well, i think i have septoria...I am not sure I have had any of the blights yet.  I just don't know what to do...I grow 94 varieties...not a big fan of hybrids, although there are a few i do grow every year.  But i love my heirlooms.  And have never had so many problems.  always have problems...but not much of it and so early.  I remove all plants come end of season and burn...i rotate my crops...but i am only growing on an 1/8 acre.  so what do i do when i can't plant in the same spot for 4-5 years, so i have read with septoria.  I don't have anywhere else to grow...and this is my business!  Very frustrating...as many of you understand i am sure.  almost all of the tomatoes out there have something.  I am going to count out of curiosity to see how many do and don't.  I won't give up on my heirlooms and i am going to see how many of my hybrids have "crap" on them too!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh